Kitchen Living Room

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Brownie in a Mug

So this is a little different, but nevertheless I am posting a recipe! Lately I have been very busy because I have midterms next week in school, and of course work is keeping me busy as usual.

I checked out close to a dozen 'cake in a mug' recipes found via Google today. I took what I learned, and I made my own! I would call it 'brownie in a mug' though because I did not find it to be light and fluffy like cake at all. It was chewy & gooey like a brownie. I love to experiment with baking, and although this does not involve an oven, it was an experiment that turned out quite well.

Brownie in a Mug

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons sugar (I used plain white sugar) note: most recipes called for an equal ratio of flour to sugar. I chose to chop that trend in half because I like other flavors besides 'sweet' to shine in baking.
4 tablespoons flour (I used organic all-purpose flour)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil (always use extra virgin olive oil, or evoo. make sure your bottle says those exact words.)
2 tablespoons almond milk (almond milk is my favorite alternative to dairy milk because it is gluten free)

Instructions:
Combine dry ingredients in a normal size mug and mix. Add wet ingredients and mix. Microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes. I started at one minute and just kept microwaving in about 20 second intervals until the consistency was moist without being overly liquidy.

Yum! I had never tried 'baking' in a mug before, but I am now a fan. It's great for a quick dessert when you are alone. Next time I might try adding a little vanilla. I meant to, but I forgot. This recipe is very forgiving, I think!

I might go try my hand at an applesauce-cinnamon-coconut milk-almond milk ice cream recipe now. Ice cream recipes are much more difficult to invent, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment