Kitchen Living Room

Friday, March 16, 2012

Alaska Update

I've been slowly gathering supplies for renovations at my dad's house. So far I've picked up the following:

  • Level, which is really important for things like hanging curtain rods
  • Curtains for the living room
  • Curtains for the guest room
  • Curtain rods for the guest room
  • Curtain rods for the living room
  • New bed linens for both bedrooms including:
    • mattress pads
    • sheets
    • pillow x 2
    • bedspread (only for the guest room; my dad already had one)
  • Corded drill for hanging curtain rods and other tasks
  • New light fixtures for the living room (except the big one that goes over the dining room table)
  • New shower curtain and liner for both bathrooms
  • Feng Shui book for my dad (he hasn't read it yet)
  • Electricity tester for changing out light fixtures
  • Probably other stuff that I can't think of right now
I need to return some sconces that I bought for a fixture I'm spray painting and I also need to return one curtain rod for the guest bedroom that was too short.

Yesterday we tried to remove the old dishwasher and failed because we couldn't get the water to turn completely off. We turned off the water to the entire house and we even turned off the water under the sink, but the water still gushed out when we removed the dishwasher connection. Most likely the little knob under the sink is broken. So a plumber is coming out today to install the new Bosch dishwasher:

The kitchen faucet is oil-rubbed bronze (hi, mom). I helped my dad pick out that faucet because it has a detached sprayer. Everyone I know who has a sprayer that is connected to the faucet itself complains of it breaking.

One thing I'm wondering is about the 'other' hole in the sink top. It WAS used for a little filtered water dispenser, but the dispenser is broken. However, it's still stuck in that hole. Can we get a replacement? It didn't come with the faucet. What if we don't want it there anymore? Can we just buy something to cover up the hole? I'm going to try to research this today. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie! I've missed you! I am thinking about you and your Dad and Gram E though!

    Yes, you can buy a simple disc to plug the old hole - you've probably found this out by now.

    Sounds like you're keeping busy - hope you took lots of before and after pictures (Something I always say I'm going to do, and then always forget to do)...