Kitchen Living Room

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Live from Alaska!

I am hard at work today at my dad's house. After flying all night, I arrived in Alaska at 3:00 am (7:00 am my time). I got about 4-5 hours of sleep and have been working nonstop since. A lot of the initial work involves planning, but I've already made one trip to Lowe's. Here is a list of the big stuff I need to work on, prioritized:

- Buy an electrical tester thingy so I can work with wires without being electrocuted
- Move old bedroom furniture to guest room to prepare for new furniture delivery
- Remove old dishwasher and install new (to be honest I'm afraid to do this so a plumber may be called) Water scares me a lot more than electricity. The reason being is that if a light doesn't turn on...so what? If plumbing leaks, well, major emergency!
- Clean. There's a lot of stuff to be done, but mostly this involves hauling trash into town to the dumpster and vacuuming.
- Determine if I am going to be able to spray paint the brass light fixtures (they're wall sconces) oil rubbed bronze and replace the sconce shades (they're sort of flower-ish right now). If not, new fixtures will have to be purchased and installed.
- Pick out and purchase a new light fixture for over the dining room table. It's a very important light as far as the feel and design of the entire main floor and wouldn't be improved much by a spray paint color change.
- Declutter. I'm going one "drawer" at a time. (The idea is to break it up into small sections - they might not really be drawers.)
- Tons of other stuff

So far I've picked up the spray paint and a few glass light shades to try out. Along with hand soap for the kitchen sink. Hey, you gotta start somewhere.

More later with pictures, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment