Kitchen Living Room

Friday, September 23, 2011

Living Room Mood Board

Since the living room will soon be painted (whenever I find time) and have a brand new window installed (Saturday morning!), I decided to create a mood board to help with the decoration process. I like brushed nickel in bathrooms and kitchens, but I believe that living rooms are the perfect place to utilize the warmth and darkness of oil-rubbed bronze.



The total cost for this room is as follows:
  • Behr Manhattan Mist paint from Home Depot - $20 (might need another gallon, in that case tack on another $25 dollars for a gallon without the rebate special that was running during Labor Day weekend)
  • Target pharmacy lamp - already own $0
  • Target candle by Missoni - gifted $0
  • Oriental rug - gifted $0
  • Velvet tufted chair - $270
  • Drapery rod - $30 (might be able to use one I already have)
  • Curtains - $40 for two
  • Coffee table - $250
  • Couch - gifted $0
  • Pillows - $96 for three
For a grand total of $706. I created the same room with a dark coffee table to show the difference:

living room with oriental rug & dark coffee table

Hmmm! I can't decide which I like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment