Kitchen Living Room

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Paint paint paint, paint paint paint

Today I attempted to figure out how my time is spent. Here's a pie chart breakdown:


As you can see, a great deal of my time is spent on work. School is second (that includes class time and homework). I really wish I could expand the Freelance and Renovations categories. However, this look at how I spend my time does not include the weekend, because they vary wildly. Some weekends I will do absolutely nothing, some will be spent on renovations entirely, sometimes I will be working, and others will be spent shopping.

Last night I worked for about four hours painting the condo. I finished one coat on three out of four walls in the living room (Manhattan Mist by Behr), one coat of white on the ceiling of the closet (Behr standard white ceiling paint) - and I am only going to do one coat because I have to maneuver around the HVAC unit and it is a pain, plus you can't really see it anyway, and a second and final coat on the closet walls (Martha Stewart's Powder Puff color matched to Behr). I would rename the closet's paint color to Dead Body, because it seems accurate. I'm hoping it will grow on me. Throughout this process I've learned that I am the world's worst paint color picker. The living room's Manhattan Mist looks decidedly lavender to me as well. Hopefully when the blue painter's tape is pulled away, it won't have that purple tone.

I am decidedly sick of painting! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment