Kitchen Living Room

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dad's Living Room

For some reason, I rarely consider yellow when I am decorating a room. When I think of yellow, McDonald's is usually the first thing that comes to mind: golden arches, yellow french fries... Yellow should not be discounted however, because it is lively and happy and quite sophisticated! Below I've created a mood board for my dad's living room (click here to see my ideas for his bathroom).

Dad's Living Room

Dad's Living Room by louko on polyvore.com

The proposed room incorporates mostly yellow, gray, and dark wood accents. I also included a few Frank Lloyd Wright related pieces because I know he is one of my dad's favorite creative minds.

Here's a list of all of the items (most of them are from Target) along with links to where you can find them online!

Heller House Frame
$18 - momastore.org

Metallic Vase - Tan : Target
$15 - target.com

1 comment:

  1. Love the globe. And I think I have that mirror in my entry. Yellow has never seemed warm to me, but maybe that's just daffodil yellow, which you don't use much. Bright, yes. Warm, no. Do you remember Gram E's kitchen on Loussac Drive? It was happy. I think she got pretty tired of it, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete