Kitchen Living Room

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Picky Picky Painter

Spoiler: I finally bought a gallon of paint for the kitchen. I color matched Eddie Bauer's Almond Oil to Olympic One at Lowe's. Olympic One is great because it's paint and primer in one, so theoretically you only have to apply one coat (we'll see). 

Here's a picture of the kitchen wall with my ultra artistic painting skills:


The really yellow color dominating the walls is the original color. The lighter yellow is the first color I tried. The sort-of-in-the-middle tan color is Almond Oil.

The color family I'm using reminds me of the walls in my last kitchen:


That is a picture of the kitchen by the way - the washer/dryer unit was in the kitchen. I loved that color but definitely wanted something a little different. However, I think Almond Oil was definitely inspired by having a yellowish/tanish kitchen prior to the current kitchen.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. I won't use anything but Olympic One ever again. It's awesome paint. I painted over DARK red walls in a tan color. I touched up a few places, otherwise it covered in one coat. AWESOME PAINT. Do not buy anything else. It's worth the extra expense by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete