Kitchen Living Room

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Keeping the Bugs Out

I don't know if you're going to forgive me for this:


EEEEEK! Well, just be quiet because I'm the one who had to search through like one-hundred bug pictures to find this one for you!

Honestly I have no idea what kind of bug that is up there. But I was getting these huge bugs in my house that can only be described as gigantic gray stink bugs. With backs that look like humongous shields. So I hereby name them Giant Shield Bugs. Giant as in larger than my thumbprint. And I was pretty sure they were crawling in from underneath my dining room windows where the old windows hadn't been replaced yet.


So my courageous and awesome boyfriend caulked the entire apartment. I am not even kidding. He did this to every crack between the old-fashioned picture molding and the ceiling, the baseboard molding and the floor, and around the windows. Basically around every single strip of molding. He did all of this and it wasn't even because I was screaming about bugs (I honestly wasn't). Although I have screamed about bugs in the past. But I reserve the screaming for cockroaches.

Sadly (very, very sadly) I did not snap a picture of him doing all of this work. But this is the sort of gap he had to contend with (this is the dining room):


Yikes!

Some of the cracks, underneath the windows in particular, were so wide that he had to use great stuff first and caulk second. 

I just want to say that I have not seen a prehistoric dinosaur, I mean Giant Shield Bug since. Hooray!

(Now please look away while I furiously knock on wood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment