Kitchen Living Room

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spray Painting Light Fixtures

Does that title sound crazy to you? Well, it shouldn't because it can be done! I have spray painted a light fixture and lived to tell the tale. It's actually quite a snap.

Allow me to present the super-ugly bronze bathroom light:


Oh, and also the super-horrible purple paint that came with the condo.

See the bronze light fixture at the top of the picture? Yeah. Ugly. So I went to Home Depot and bought a new one for $30. Then I realized that I didn't so much mind the actual shape of the old light fixture, just the color. And the sconces because they were a little dirty. So I went back to Home Depot and bought a $4 can of Brushed Nickel spray paint.

Then I turned off the power, removed the light fixture carefully, and took it outside along with a cardboard box. Then I spray painted the darn thing inside aforementioned cardboard box. But first I removed the sconces and cleaned them with a ton of free elbow grease.

I gave the fixture about four even coats and it turned out something like this:



Hellllo, beautiful! And that is how we save money, my friends! (I'll post about the new blue paint in the bathroom later on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment