Kitchen Living Room

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bathroom Inspiration

I had a contractor come and look at my bathroom this week. I want to know how much it would cost a professional to complete the work. As much as I love to DIY, I know a lot of the bathroom-related stuff I don't want to try and tackle. Like moving the radiator. Or possibly installing an exhaust fan. I haven't exactly budgeted for a bathroom reno at this point, especially since I'm paying a mint for my MBA degree. But I want to know how much I need to save for. And heck, maybe it won't be as much as I'm thinking it will be.

But it's probably going to be a pretty high number! I just have a feeling. I mean the bathroom is decades and decades old!

As a result of all this bathroom attention, I've been searching the internet for inspiration. Here's what I've found.


Glamorous!


Well, uh, this bathroom has a lot of extra room. 


I like the light fixtures on either side of the mirror. The sink is a bit too ... commercial for my taste. 


I love the class beadboard look. 


I liked the straight lines of the toilet in this picture. He just looks so prim and proper. 


Pink just cannot happen. But this is a fun bathroom all the same. 


I am going to avoid wallpaper. It's too expensive and too much trouble. 


Aaah console sink! My heart is melting...


Old fashioned penny tile! I actually can't decide if I love this or not. I could go either way. I have an impression of it that makes me think it would get really dirty. That's a lot of grout, and grout is difficult to clean. 


I'm not a huge fan of red, and I don't think I would ever do a red room because it's not really my style, but this is a niiiice bathroom all the same. 


I think maybe in this bathroom I just love the big window. I also love the faucet coming out of the wall, but that's not something I'm going to do in my bathroom. 


Awww, cute, right?


Ok, so I just had to include this guy because, I mean, WEIRD. This thing must be old. I couldn't find any information on it though.


This bathroom is a little bit whitey mc whiten stein for me. But I like the tile work all the same. 

You noticed a lot of claw foot bathtubs, right?? Well, I'm not going to go with one. Reason being that I don't think there's really enough room, and they're kind of gross to take a shower in. The shower curtain gets all over you and all that. (I used to live in a reallllly old carriage house (like, yea, for horses) that had been converted into a one bedroom home. It had a claw foot tub/shower combo.) But, I still grabbed a bunch of bathroom photos with the old claw feetsies in 'em because I like the old fashioned styles. You also saw a lot of console sinks. I LOVE the look of them, but they just won't fit in my bathroom. So old pedestal stays. Pedestally. Peds for short. 

There was also a lot of beadboard in the pictures. I love that look. I think I want to do a beadboard/tile combo with beadboard behind the sink/toilet and tile in the shower. 

So many ideas, so little time (ahem, money). It's fun to dream and plan all the same though. 

What did you like or dislike? Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment