Kitchen Living Room

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dad's Bedroom Before & After

This is part of a series on my dad's house in Alaska. Read more here. I'll resume 650 square feet posts on my condo when the series is complete.


My dad had already picked out furniture for his room when I got to Alaska, so the difficult part of that was all done. All I did was run through and add curtains/curtain rods and pictures. Easy peasy.

My boyfriend gave my dad an LSU football calendar for Christmas last year, so I went through and ripped out the pictures from past 2012 months. Then I framed them and hung them up! Here's one:


And another:


Then I hung up the curtain rods from Lowe's along with the curtains themselves.


Here's a close-up of the curtain. I couldn't find them online, but I don't think it would be difficult to find something similar in a brick and mortar store.


I also added a little collage of pictures in the hallway.


You can tell from the pictures that I didn't change the wall sconces downstairs (at least the ones that weren't shiny brass). I actually liked them so I decided to let them be. Here's the final picture that I have for you of the room. You can see the new curtains!



I also spent some time working on the closet, but I didn't get any pictures. That part was mostly decluttering (boring).

No comments:

Post a Comment