Kitchen Living Room

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sir Cartwright

Since I've had bathrooms on the brain, I found this great medicine cabinet by Restoration Hardware:

Cartwright Medicine Cabinet in White

It comes in four colors including my pick for my light and airy dream bathroom - white. There are two sizes, small and large, as well as the option to have the cabinet inset into the wall or not. The option I would choose for my dream bathroom would be small, white in color, and inset.

Cartwright (the medicine cabinet) costs $189 on sale and $229 full price at restorationhardware.com. And that doesn't include tax or shipping, of course.


So I figured I would work really hard to find a copy-cat for less. But I couldn't find one. No big deal though, because I have a perfectly working medicine cabinet.


So I didn't think much else about it. Then, this weekend on a whim, my boyfriend and I decided to drive to the outlet mall. They have a Restoration Hardware outlet at this particular mall. I'd never been to a retail Restoration Hardware let alone an outlet version, so I was excited to check it out. But I wasn't too hopeful since their prices are really out of my reach, and I figured their outlet prices wouldn't be much better.

Then, to my surprise, I found Cartwright himself standing proudly in a row of medicine cabinets up on a shelf. My boyfriend and I found the exact version I was looking for - white, inset, and small, and we picked out the best one. Each one had a few (tiny) dings or dents, but the one we nabbed was in great shape.

Of course the first thing I looked at was the price. I was shocked (we actually thought it was a mistake) to find that he was listed at $48. Everything in the store was 20% off, so we got him for just over $40.


Now Cartwright is in his new (temporary) home on top of my desk. Here's my proof of the awesomeness of the price in case you have to see it to believe it:


If I don't include tax + shipping and I calculate the savings based on the retail sale price, I got the medicine cabinet for about 80% off. I'm sure installing Cartwright won't be easy, but I can't wait to see how he looks in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment