Kitchen Living Room

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kitchen Lighting! Fun Fun Fun

That was fun, right?? About one billion posts later, I'm all done telling you about the renovations I did at my dad's house. Whew. I know I'm exhausted. What a vacation! Last year I went up there just to install a point of sale system for his business. I guess it's becoming something of a tradition. I wonder what next year will bring?

Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.

So, now we return to our regular 650 square feet programming. Until I have a new project, that is. Any takers?



Ever since I bought the condo, I've been considering what to do with the light in the kitchen. It's so boring and ugly, but I was at a loss. I thought of Ikea track lighting, but then I started doubting myself after my friend Patrick mentioned that track lighting might be of the 'wrong era' for the condo. And he's obviously right. Plus track lighting seems to date itself quickly (I am so not dissing on YOUR beautiful track lighting, whoever you are, reader. It looks great in YOUR house, I swear.)

I didn't know what to do. Then I met Schoolhouse Electric. By accident. Beautiful, wonderful, expensive accident. I was looking for "galley kitchen lighting" on google when I found Layla's post on one of her reader's kitchens. Thanks, Layla. Thank you, and darn you. The lights at Schoolhouse are amazing, but quite pricey.


Northwestern 4"


This guy is $154 including the shade. WHEWIE!



And this little number is $158 including the glass shade. Aieeieeiee!!

But needless to say I am smitten. I wonder if I can DIY this to avoid the costly price? The wheels are spinning...I don't have any concrete ideas, yet, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything. I guess the first step would be to find an actual fixture (the silver part) with the correct shape. Then I'm thinking find a plain glass shade and...paint it? Put tiny strips of colored tape around it? 

Help me, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment